Gloucestershire Cricket Club
The County Cricket Ground in Bristol, home to Gloucester Cricket Club, needed to provide a world class media centre in order to keep its International status and attract Sky Sports to broadcast matches as well as increase the capacity of the ground.
The old pavilion was used as a basis for the new Bristol Pavilion but with three quarters of the building removed from the pitch side back, rebuilt and extended this was a major building operation.
The new centre would cater on match days for visitors, players, staff and members of the media and also provide a conference and events centre at all other times.
Allsop and Pitts won the contract to manufacture, supply and install the catering areas against a consultant led specification and over a period of two weeks installed the following areas:
- A main production kitchen on the first floor with heavy duty Electrolux Cookline, 20 grid Rational Combination Ovens, Blast Chiller, walk in coldrooms, dry storage, food and beverage preparation areas plus a chefs pass.
- A holding kitchen on the ground level with Banquetline holding cabinets alongside a pass through dishwasher and beverage preparation area.
- A finishing kitchen on the top floor with its own cookline, 20 grid combination oven, walk in coldroom, pass through dishwasher and beverage preparation area.
- A dedicated wash-up for the main function rooms.
- Three bars with many bottle coolers, ice machines and glasswashers
In itself a big operation made all the more difficult given the very large items of equipment that needed to be spread over three levels. Some of these required craning over open balconies on the front of the pavilion and handling into position within the kitchens. As if this was not enough we had to cope with cricket matches being played and members of the public in close proximity to our working areas.
All areas were completed on time and handed over with staff training and operations manuals in place ready for inspection by Sky Sports and the first full International game.